Land of the free home of the rich
What really scares me is that they all have significantly cheaper health care AND education, which means Americans not only make they least, they pay the most.
To this day, despite the residual upheaval and lack of family roots, I’m still grateful to my parents for moving us to Australia when I was a kid.
And not to mention over half the people you talk to about raising minimum wage think it’s a huge negative thing. They think everything will be more expensive and it benefits no one. But guess what? Housing costs and education don’t go up with minimum wage that easily, and that is a big deal! The buying power of the minimum wage earners (and that is millions of people) will go up because they can afford their homes and debts much easier.
It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s the sound I heard when I was 9 and my father slammed the front door so hard behind him I swear to god it shook the whole house. For the next 3 years I watched my mother break her teeth on vodka bottles. I think she stopped breathing when he left. I think part of her died. I think he took her heart with him when he walked out. Her chest is empty, just a shattered mess or cracked ribs and depression pills.
It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s all the blood in the sink. It’s the night that I spent 12 hours in the emergency room waiting to see if my sister was going to be okay, after the boy she loved, told her he didn’t love her anymore. It’s the crying, and the fluorescent lights, and white sneakers and pale faces and shaky breaths and blood. So much blood.
It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s the time that I had to stay up for two days straight with my best friend while she cried and shrieked and threw up on my bedroom floor because her boyfriend fucked his ex. I swear to god she still has tear streaks stained onto her cheeks. I think when you love someone, it never really goes away.
It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s the six weeks we had a substitute in English because our teacher was getting divorced and couldn’t handle getting out of bed. When she came back was smiling. But her hands shook so hard when she held her coffee, you could see that something was broken inside. And sometimes when things break, you can’t fix them. Nothing ever goes back to how it was. I got an A in English that year. I think her head was always spinning too hard to read any essays.
It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s that I do.
- clean bathroom tips
- organize your closet
- how to fix a leaky faucet
- how to keep a clean kitchen
- removing stains from your carpet
- how to coupon
- what to do when you can’t pay your bills
- see if you’re paying too much for your cell phone bill
- how to save money
- How to Balance a Check Book
- How to do Your Own Taxes
- how to take care of yourself when you’re sick
- things to bring to a doctor’s appointment
- what to expect from your first gynecologist appointment
- how to make a doctor’s appointment
- how to pick a health insurance plan
- a list of stress relievers
- how to get free therapy
- what to do if you get pulled over by a cop
- a list of hotlines in a crisis
- things to keep in your car in case of an emergency
- recipes that take 30 minutes or less
- Yummy apple thing
- Brownie in a cup
- Cookie in a cup
- French bread pizza
- Egg tacos
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- various cookie recipes
- chocolate cupcakes w/ eggless cookie dough topping
- s’mores pie
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers
- brownie in a mug
- how to make ramen 1000x better
- eggless cookie dough (not to bake, just to eat)
- make recipes using things you already have
- how to put together a very fancy cheese plate
- make different flavored lemonades
- various desert recipes
- make tiny chocolate chip cookies
- 20 dishes every cook should know
- learn how to make your own tea
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug
- Study snacks (2)
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipes
- what the hell is a mortgage?
- first apartment essentials checklist
- how to care for cacti and succulents
- the care and keeping of plants
- Getting an apartment
- time management
- create a resume
- find the right career
- how to pick a major
- how to interview for a job
- How to write cover letters
- ULTIMATE PACKING LIST
- Traveling for Cheap
- Travel Accessories
- The Best Way to Pack a Suitcase
- How To Read A Map
- How to Apply For A Passport
- How to Make A Travel Budget
I’ve been living on my own for almost 4 years now and I have like 50 tabs open.
Bless the person who put together this post, it ought to be made into a pamphlet for everyone in highschool/college.
[When Sir Patrick Stewart was asked to describe Sir Ian McKellen’s early days on the british stage]
Look at that smug face. And he’s doing a little dance!! You can see he’s victory dancing in his head xD [x]
(Ian McKellen as Hamlet, 1971. I mean, honestly.)
Holy shit. Look at that hotness.
Because it pleases me. @catherinedlish pistachio colored peignoir gown paired with my custom overbust birthday corset. In the background the mannequin is wearing my handmade facinator. I cannot wait to wear this. #sinandsatin
I want one of those gowns..in that color.
I just can’t even with this right here…
Jasmine, you are KILLING me woman! That is so gorgeous! What a perfect present for yourself!
420 is so close I can almost taste all the bad jokes I’ll have to weed through
Here they are!!! *~*
Lizzie is ADORABLE! I really wish they’d introduce more head sculpts though. Holly and Poppy could have been much cuter with their own faces. I guess this is how they’ve chosen to do the line though. It worked for Bratz for a long time. I guess I just expect more from Mattel.